Overview of rooms
At the University of Ottawa, we have rooms to accommodate all type of events. Our beautiful campus includes classrooms, lecture halls, auditoriums, boardrooms and multipurpose rooms as well as foyers and both indoor and outdoor open spaces.
- Classrooms: Desks and chairs arranged in classroom style (fixed or movable seating). Most classrooms are equipped with multimedia equipment with PowerPoint and audio-visual equipment such as speakers. Suitable for lectures and presentations.
- Lecture halls and auditoriums: Larger rooms with fixed seating with a sloped floor for improved sightlines. Equipped with multimedia equipment. Suitable for lectures and presentations.
- Boardrooms: Rooms with a large table surrounded by chairs. Equipped with multimedia equipment. Suitable for meetings and discussions.
- Multipurpose rooms: Rooms for multiple uses; all furniture is movable. Rooms can be set up to suit your needs (classroom style, theatre style, round-table style). Furniture can also be removed completely. Suitable for a variety of event types.
- Foyers and open spaces: Lobbies of buildings or outdoor spaces that can be rented for receptions, barbecues and a host of other events. Most of these spaces have minimal permanent furniture and can be set up to accommodate your event.