Holiday Reminders

The Conventions and Reservations Team would like to provide you with a short list of reminders to help you better plan your event.



As you are aware, space is very limited on campus. Visit our Virtual EMS website to view the availability of multipurpose rooms (Tabaret 112, FSS 4007, DMS 12102, DMS 12110, Alex Trebek Salle Johnson).

A how-to guide is available on this website.



It is important to send your meeting request using our online form as soon as possible to confirm a room for your event.


We are currently receiving approximately 600 meeting requests per month, but we will do our best to send you a quote/room reservation within our three-day turnaround time.



  • Once we have received a quote, it is important that you confirm your reservation before the deadline provided by your agent; otherwise, we will have to release the room.
  • Our cancellation policy is stated in Clause 5 of our online Terms and Conditions .
  • If you require additional services (transportation, AV, equipment rentals, etc.), you need to confirm your contract at least six (6) business days before your event to ensure that these services will be available.
  • We do our best to accommodate changes requested up to two (2) business days in advance.



You can view our menus on line but our on-site caterer, Impressions, also allows you to personalize your menu.



Impressions Catering is the only service that is authorized to serve alcoholic beverages on campus. All events at which alcoholic beverages are served must be booked through Conventions and Reservations to ensure compliance with the University’s liquor licence and its policy on serving alcohol on campus. Our department can advise you on the various aspects of planning your bar service, including the type of bar, setup requirements and, most importantly, the location of the bar.


The Liquor Licence Act, administered by ACGO, prohibits guests, employees and students from providing their own alcoholic beverages on University of Ottawa property and from obtaining a Special Occasions Permit (SOP) for on-campus premises. If an event is found to be serving alcohol illegally, the alcohol will be confiscated and the event will be shut down.

Back to top