Before selecting your event date, be sure take note of the various holiday dates and exam schedules. Priority is given to academic activities. As a result, the University’s academic schedule affects the availability of rental spaces. Annual closures may also have an effect on availability. Please contact Conventions and Reservations to find out about annual closure schedules.The University is closed on statutory holidays
- Family Day – Third Monday in February
- Good Friday – Friday before Easter Sunday
- Easter Monday – Monday after Easter Sunday
- Victoria Day – Third Monday in May
- Canada Day – July 1
- Civic Holiday – First Monday in August
- Labour Day – First Monday in September
- Thanksgiving Day – Second Monday in October
Special holiday rates apply for all services if your event is held on a statutory holiday.Winter holiday season
The University of Ottawa is closed between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. No events are accepted during this period.Academic year
The academic year runs from early September to early April.
Classroom availability is limited during the academic year. Multi-purpose rooms are a better option during this period.
There are two study breaks during the academic year, one during the fall session and one during the winter session.